Our professionals are here to assist you with all your insurance needs from personal to business and beyond. Besides general insurance, we offer niche insurance solutions across civil engineering (cranes), trucking, radiology, hospitality and cyber liability insurance.
This is, typically, what you can expect from STP when engaging with us for your insurance needs:
When you first connect with us:
- A full needs analysis to ascertain what insurance option will work best for you
- Collation and presentation of quotations in a simple and understandable format
- Implementation of agreed cover
- Constant updates leading up to issuing your new policy
During your stay with STP:
- Availability to attend to any queries, claims and amendments you may have during the year, in a timeous manner
- Annual review of your portfolio with STP to ensure all facts and values are correct and in line with inflation
- Efficient processing of your claims and ongoing updating on the progress
We are very proud to inform you that STP’s roots can be traced way back to 1987, and through a progressive journey, the then Sky Insurance Brokers, merged with Market Financial Services in 1994 and became Sky Market. We then opened our doors as SKY TIV in 2006 by merging two well-known brokerages, namely Sky Market Financial Services and TIV Insurance.
A year later, we proudly became a Hollard Select Broker, where Hollard bought a 30% equity share in SKY TIV.
In 2010, following very successful and productive years, we approached Hollard to assist us in purchasing the local brokerage Promark Insurance Brokers, and today are still going strong under the name STP Insurance Brokers.
In 2016, we bought Riverstone Insurance Brokers and at the same time moved to our new offices that year. December 2017 saw us buying out Hollard of their interest in STP, due to a change in regulations.
As of July 2018, Fulcrum Capital Partners, providing us with excellent and valuable corporate support and expertise, acquired a stakeholding in STP. We look forward to what this new partnership will bring.
We believe that partnerships are key to every successful business, and it is with the guiding hand of Fulcrum Capital Partners that STP will continue to grow from strength to strength. Our alignment does not only extend to their corporate strategic knowhow, but also that their ethos mirrors our own, in providing excellent service and sound advice, cultivating long-term quality relationships and building trust.
Because we believe in keeping up to date with all the insurance changes and know that, at times, we too will need assistance, STP is a proud member of the FIA (Financial Intermediaries Association of Southern Africa). FIA is there for us, to give our queries, concerns and suggestions a voice, and supports us across platforms such as development, education, promotion and protecting our rights.
Besides our close partnership agreements, STP also acts as an agent for various leading South African insurance companies, always looking to bring our clients the best advice through innovative products.
How we give back
STP believes in giving back where possible and so, over the years, we have partnered with a few organisations.
STP works hard to build long-term partnerships with community-based organisations such as schools, clubs and sports teams. Through these partnerships, and the referred business they generate, we are able to assist the organisations financially and contribute towards social upliftment in the communities they serve.
Our corporate social responsibility initiatives include:
- Once-off donations to various NGOs for specific projects that assist AIDS hospices and abused women and children.
- Monthly contributions to various charitable organisations including the National Sea Rescue Institute and the Red Cross